Mother of the Bride Dresses for Casual Weddings
How fast time flies! Your daughter has already grown up as a woman. And before you know it, your precious girl is about to get married! Now of course you definitely want to be with your daughter on her big day. You want to participate and make her feel special with your presence.However, you are having a problem in choosing the right mother-of-the-bride dress for her casual wedding. It’s really something you should give importance to because this event happens only once in a lifetime. And of course you would also want to feel that you’re significant in that event, hence, it’s only proper that you would make an effort to look gorgeous.
Tips for selecting the right mother-of-the-bride dress for casual weddings:
- The bride and the mother should work together in finding the right mother-of-the-bride dress. The mother should respect the bride’s decision when it comes to style, color, length and formality of the dress. But of course, the mother should also make sure that she wants the dress she will be wearing.
- In most cases, the mother-of-the-bride dress is the same color as the bridesmaid dress. However, if the mother wants to deviate a bit from the bridesmaids in terms of color, she can do it as long as she picks a color from the same color spectrum. For example, if the bridesmaid dresses are pink, the mother of the bride can go with rose or fuschia.
- The mother of the bride should meet with the mother of the groom to plan ahead for coordinating their dresses in the wedding. Their dress color should be similar, but not necessarily the same.
- The mother of the bride should look for a dress that would make her look fabulous and dignified, something that would make people think she is a good mother and that she raised her daughter well.
- For the mother of the bride, it is acceptable to wear a dress in pastel colors or earthy colors during daytime. But if the wedding will be held on nighttime, she can go for darker colors and a little bit of bead or shimmer for the dress.