Choosing the Right Dress for Garden Weddings
A lush garden is one of the dreamiest places where you can have a casual wedding. The beautiful scenery of nature which features a green landscape, big trees and flowers in bloom makes you feel good all over. Now how can you make your wedding dress complement the magnificent beauty of nature? You can wear something light, relaxed and comfortable, something which reminds you of spring and summer. The look you’re aiming for is dressy casual, a bit dressier than what you would consider wearing on a beach wedding but still something which has a simple and modest feel.
- White for the bridal gown. Neutral colors such as beige, ecru, cream and ivory may also be a substitute for white.
- Wear a bridesmaid dress in pastel colors or bright and cheery colors such as sunshine yellow, avocado green, aqua, coral and fuchsia pink. Bright and bold-colored dresses would make a good contrast to a white background setting.
- Dress in solid colors
- Tea-length dresses and cocktail dresses in simple and comfortable fabrics. The decision if bridal gown would be floor-length or not will depend on the bride’s preference
- Simple yet elegant accessories. Pearls are a safe choice.
- Light and fresh make-up (natural blush, pastels, earthy tones)
- Flowy tea-length dresses or cocktail dresses (knee length or a few inches longer)
- Hair in big soft, loose curls (loosely tied or let it hang down). Hair clip or headband for short hair. Braided hair tied in a ribbon
- Flats or strappy sandals for grassy terrain, either flats or high-heels for patio/courtyard setting
- Tuxedo for the groom (black, beige or white). You can pin a floral appliqué at the collar of your tux for a romantic appeal. For groomsmen, coordinate tie with bridesmaid dress.
- Birdcage veil for cocktail/teal-length dresses
- Floral dresses
- Heavily-printed or heavily-beaded dresses
- Skimpy and provocative clothing
- Wear black, red, or white dresses. You might upstage the bride.
- Floor-length dresses – The train of your dress might get soiled
- Wear everyday clothes such as jeans, shorts and shirts