Apart from the bridal wedding dress, flower girl dresses are considered as another much-awaited attraction at weddings. Guests can’t help but delight at the cute little girls wearing princess-like dresses and each carrying a basket of fresh and delicate flowers. When you think of traditional weddings, it’s easy to imagine what the flower girls would be wearing since we’re used to seeing them in such setting. But what if the wedding is set on a beach? How do you dress the flower girls to match them accordingly with the casual theme of the wedding venue?
If you’re the bride, you don’t have to worry much about looking for dresses which will suit your chosen young girls. All you have to do is to take inspiration from the season by which you will hold your wedding. You may find yourself taking a cue through summer because it is a popular season to hit the beach. Now what are the summer-ready fabrics which are appropriate for the kids? And how can you dress up these pretty little things to perfection? Here are some suggestions.
Tips in Dressing Up Your Flower Girls for a Casual Beach Wedding:
- Consider the fabrics which will be used for the dress. You can’t go wrong with cotton since it is skin-friendly and it absorbs sweat. Avoid buying a dress made up of synthetic fibers because it may irritate the children’s delicate skin. You wouldn’t want your cutesies looking uncomfortable while walking through the aisle and all throughout the wedding. It’s definitely not a good sight.
- For dress color, you can never go wrong with pastels because they best reflect the innocent and delicate nature of children. These colors are also very youthful and versatile. You can choose from a wide array of pastel colors such as soothing blue, pale green, soft pink, peach, lavender, etc.
- Do away with the glitters for the meantime since casual weddings call for a simpler theme. Besides, sparkles on the dress are unsightly while the kids are out in the sun. Instead, you may adorn kids with flowers as hairpiece, or have them wear a corsage on their hands.
- The possibilities for hairstyles of flower girls are endless. They can wear headbands, they can tie their hair in a ponytail, have their hair braided or they can also let their hair loose. You can even have their hair loosely curled for a more feminine touch. For added touch, girls can wear pretty hats tied with ribbons.
- For footwear, you may have the girls wear flip-flops with dainty details or cute platforms. You can let them have the option to go barefoot because they may not be comfortable in doing so.